UPPSC PCS Exam Pattern 2015 is now made available at the official web portal. All those candidates who have applied for the exam notification are informed that they need to go through the official website as authority has now updated the exam pattern and syllabus on the official site uppsc.up.nic.in. Candidate who has applied for Combined State Upper Subordinate Services Exam can download the UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2015.
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is the authorized Organization of state government which conducts the competitive examinations for the recruitment of eligible candidates for the vacancies in departments, organizations and ministries in the government. Recently it has released the Notification for the Combined State or Upper Subordinate Services Exam for 470 vacancies. Massive number of candidates has applied for the PCS exam before last date. The Commission will conduct the examination for the applied candidates in two stages i.e. Preliminary Exam and Mains exam. So, Candidates who are searching for UPSC PCS Prelims exam pattern 2015 can go through the official website. The Provincial Civil Service exam conducted every year for the vacancies to recruit the eligible candidates and expectedly this year also applications were recieved in numbers.
UPSC PCS Pre Exam Pattern Past Paper Syllabus 2016
UPSC PCS Prelims exam pattern 2015
- The Prelims exam consists of Two papers
- The written test is Objective type Multiple Choice Questions
- Each paper having 200 marks with two hours of duration
- The Paper-I is general Studies- I and paper-II is General Studies Paper-II
|Paper-I||General Studies-I||200||Two hours|
|Paper-II||General Studies -II||200||Two hours|
UPSC PCS Prelims Syllabus 2015
PAPER – I : General Studies-I (200 marks)
- Current events of national and international importance.n
- History of India and Indian National Movement.n
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution , Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require
- subject specialization.
- General Science
PAPER- II General Studies-II (200 marks)
- Comprehension Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmatic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
UPSC PCS mains Exam Pattern 2015
- The mains examination contains Compulsory papers and Optional subjects papers.
- The examination is Objective and descriptive type
- The examination is Four Compulsory papers and two optional subjects
- General Studies papers are objective type papers
- Remaining papers and optional papers are descriptive type
|Compulsory papers||General Hindi||–||150 Marks||3 Hours|
|Essay||–||150 Marks||3 Hours|
|General Studies (Paper-i)||150 questions||200 marks||2 Hours|
|General Studies (Paper-ii)||150 questions||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|Optional Papers||Any 2 subjects as choice of Candidate||200 Marks||3 Hours|
The optional Subjects are
Note: A candidate will not be allowed to offer more than one subject from the following groups
|Group ‘A’||Group ‘B’||Group ‘C’|
|1. Social Work||1.Mathematics||1. Agriculture|
|2. Anthropology||2.Statistics||2. Animal Husbandry andVeterinary Science|
|Group ‘D’||Group ‘E’||Group ‘F’|
|1. Civil Engineering||1. English Literature||1. Political Scienceand International Relations|
|2. Mechanical Engineering||2. Hindi Literature|
|3. Electrical Engineering||3. Urdu Literature||2. Public Administration|
|4. Agriculture Engineering||4. Arabic Literature|
|Group ‘G’||5. Persian Literature|
|1. Management||6. Sanskrit Literature|
|2. Public Administration|
How to Download UPSC PCS Pre Exam Pattern Past Paper Syllabus 2016
Candidates first need to go through the official web portal i.e. http://uppsc.up.nic.in/
Then they have to search for the link UPSC PCS Pre Exam Pattern, Syllabus 2016
Click on the link UPSC PCS Pre Exam Pattern, Syllabus 2016
UPSC PCS Pre Exam Pattern, Syllabus 2016 will appear on their computer screen
Candidates can download it
Take a print out of it