UPSC COMBINED GEO SCIENTIST AND GEOLOGIST EXAMINATION, 2016 – Apply Online Union Public Service Commission has published the Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 2016 exam notification on 06 February 2016. UPSC conducts the exam for the recruitment of the Group-A post of the Geologist, Geophysicist and Chemist for the Geological Survey of the India and Junior Hydrologist in the central group Water Board. UPSC Geologist 2016 Exam is scheduled to be held on 13 May 2016. All the capable and interested aspirants may apply in this UPSC Vacancy 2016 by online method. Candidates can submit the application at UPSC official web portal www.upsc.gov.in/. Candidates can apply in this UPSC Jobs 2016. Other details are given below.
UPSC COMBINED GEO SCIENTIST AND GEOLOGIST EXAMINATION
Union Public Service Commission is the statutory body of the Government of India which is established with a purpose to conduct the exam and organize personal interview to select the suitable and deserving candidate and to fill the vacant posts in the various departments of the government services. Each year UPSC conducts the exam and placed large numbers of qualified candidates in the vacant posts.
Vacancy Details :
Name of the Posts:
1. Category I (Posts in Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines): 206 Posts
i. Geologist, Group A: 121 Posts
ii. Geophysicist, Group A: 56 Posts
iii. Chemist, Group A: 29 Posts
2. Category II (Posts in Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources): 02 Posts
i. Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B), Group A: 02 Posts
Education Qualification Criteria: To be eligible for the Exam of Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 2016 candidates must have Master’s degree in Geology/Applied Geology or Math Geology from a recognized university or the Board.
- Candidates having the diploma of Associateship in Applied Geology of Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad or a Degree (Master’s) in Mineral exploration from a recognized university (for posts in GSI): or Master’s degree in Hydro-geology from a recognized University (for the post in CGWB).
- Candidates in the final year of the examination can also apply for the examination.
Age Limitation Criteria: Candidates must be of the 21-32 year till the 1st January of the year of the admission.
Candidates who will appear for the category-1 will have to take the entire given Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016 and candidates of the category-2 will have to take the exam 1, 2, 3 and 5.
|Name of the exam||Total Marks||Total Duration|
How To Apply For UPSC COMBINED GEO SCIENTIST AND GEOLOGIST EXAMINATION
- Open the official website to apply online at upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
- Select ‘COMBINED GEO-SCIENTIST AND GEOLOGIST EXAMINATION’ and click on Part 1 Registration link.
- Read all the instructions carefully, and click on yes if you agree.
- Now fill the complete form with correct details, Payment of application fee, select the examination center and upload photo and signature of you and finish the part 1 registration.
- And After deposit application fee. Fill the UPSC part 2 registration and take a printout of UPSC Geologist and geoscientist application form 2016.