UPSC CDS (I) Exam 2016 Latest News Check Examination Date : The “Combined Defence Services”Examination (CDS) is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The Notification for the examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB). This will be a one day exam. The candidates should note that their admission to the examination will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the application form. If a candidate receives an e-admission certificate in respect of some other candidate on account of handling error, the same should be immediately brought to the notice of the Commission with a request to issue the correct e-admission certificate. The UPSC CDS (I) Examination will be conducted on 14/02/2015 (Sunday).
UPSC CDS (I) Exam 2016 Latest News Check Examination Date : Details
CDS exam which is also know as Combined Defence Services examination is of the most popular exam among the Indian defence aspirants, CDS exam is conducted by UPSC two times every year. Candidates who wish to join the Indian armed forces like Army, Navy and Air force as an officer appear in this exam. There are basically four different training academies which one can join through CDS exam.
- Indian Military Academy for Indian Army (Only Men)
- Indian Air Force Academy for Indian Air Force (Only Men)
- Naval Academy for Indian Navy (Only Men)
- Officers Training Academy (Men and Women)
Eligibility details of CDS (I) Examination :
Nationality: A candidates must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st July, 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
- a person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India
Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Age limit :
- For Indian Military Academy (IMA): Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd Jan 1993 and not later than 1st Jan 1998 only are eligible
- For Indian Naval Academy (INA): Unmarried Male candidates born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1993 and not later than 01st Jan 1998 only are eligible
- For Air Force Academy (AFA) – Age: 20 to 24 years as on 01st Jan 2017 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd Jan 1993 and not later than 01 Jan 1997 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than02nd Jan 1991 and not later than 01st Jan 1997) only are eligible Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd July 1991 and not later than 01st July 1997 only are eligible
- For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible
- They should have been born not earlier than July 1991 and not later than1st July 1997 are eligible.
Educational Qualification :
- For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.
Important Dates for UPSC CDS (I) Examination :
- Notification will be released- 07.11.2015
- Last date to apply- 04.12.2015 (FRIDAY)
- Date of the examination – 14.02.2016 (SUNDAY
How to Apply for UPSC CDS (I) Exam 2016 Latest News Check Examination Date
Interested candidates have to visit the official site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in click on the link CDS (I) examination and have to apply online before the due date i.e. 04/02/2015.
Note : Keep connected to our site for updates. For any queries leave comments in the comment box.