Recently SBI has came up with an Employment Notification in the ADVERTISEMENT NO. CRPD/PO/2016-17/02 for the Post of Probationary Officer (PO). Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer, is required to register online for the Recruitment Process from 04.05.2016 TO 24.05.2016. The examination will be held in two phases – (1) preliminary and (2)main. Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for main examination and shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Group Discussion & Interview. Candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India. For further information rad the post below.
SBI Bank PO Exam Pattern Syllabus IBPS Probationary Officer Recruitment
Name of Bank : State Bank of India
Official Site : www.sbi.co.in
Name of Post : Probationary Officer
Number of Posts : 2428
Category wise post details :
Total posts: 2428
|HI (Hearing Impaired)||20|
Educational Qualification : Candidates should have Graduation Degree in any discipline from Recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government. Candidates who are appearing in their last year or last semester examination they can also apply to the condition that they have to submit pass certificate on or before 31st Aug 2016.
Age Limit : Age of the candidates to apply for above SBI Probationary post should be between 21 to 30 years as on 01/04/2016. The age relaxation for candidates as per Govt. rules- i.e. for
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- PWD – 15 year’s
Salary : Selected candidates will get the starting basic pay Rs 27,620/-(with 4 advance increments) in the scale of `23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I. The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time.
Important Dates :
- Starting date is to registration for online application form: 4th May 2016.
- Last date of online registration for SBI PO post is: 24th May 2016
- Date of deposit application fee through online: 4th May to 24th May 2016.
- Examination date of SBI PO Exam 2016 : 2, 3, 9, 10 July 2016.
- Download Pre-Exam Training (PET) Admit card(SC/ST/ Minority): 13th June 2016
- Pre-Examination Training (for SC/ST/ Minority Community) : 20th to 25th June 2016
- Download Pre-Exam Call letter from: 14th June 2016
- Online Preliminary Exam Date: 2, 3 & 9. 10 June 2016
- Result of Online Pre Exam: 18th July 2016
- Main Exam Admit card Available from 21st July 2016
- Online Main Examination Date: 31st July 2016
- Result of Online Main Examination: 16th August 2016
- Download of Call letter for GD & Interview: 22nd August 2016
- Conduct of GD & Interview: 1st September 2016
- Final Selection List declare: 30th September 2016
SELECTION PROCESS :
- Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for main examination and shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Group Discussion & Interview.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GD and Interview(Phase-III) for the preparation of the final merit list.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion and Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25.
- The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion and Interview out of 100 for each category.
- The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category. Results of the candidates who have qualified for GD and Interview and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the Bank’s website. Even the link will be available here too.
(SYLLABUS) SBI : PROBATIONARY OFFICER :
SBI PO Syllabus is of Three Phases 1. Preliminary Examination 2. Written test and 3. Group Discussion and Interview.
I. Preliminary Examination: This Exam is consisting of 3 Sections as follows…
1. English Language
2. Quantitative Aptitude
3. Reasoning Ability
II. Written test: This test is consisting of 2 papers as
a. Objective paper: This paper consists of 4 sections such as
1. Test of English Language.
2. Test of General Awareness, Marketing and Computers.
3. Test of data analysis and interpretation.
4. Test of Reasoning.
b. Descriptive Paper: This paper is consisting of letter writing and essay.
SBI : PROBATIONARY OFFICER PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION PATTERN :
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 sections as follows:
|S. L.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite Time of 1 hour|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
SBI : PROBATIONARY OFFICER MAIN EXAMINATION PATTERN :
Phase – II: Main Examination :
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
(I) Objective Test: The Objective Test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 sections for total 200 marks. The Objective Test will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
|Test||Name of test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|I||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|II||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|III||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|IV||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
(ii) Descriptive Test :
The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. Each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Phase – III: Group Discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks) :
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and the Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
Candidates qualifying for GD & Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause. Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
How to Apply for SBI Bank PO Recruitment 2016
- Visit official site www.sbi.co.in .
- Go on ‘career with us’ link and click it.
- See the advertisement details for SBI PO and click on apply online.
- Candidates will require here to fill correct details and upload signature and photo.
- Press on submit button and note registration no., password.
- Next you take a print out of fee challan after submission of application form.
Keep visiting our site for more updates. For any queries drop comments in the comment box given below. We will try our best to sought out your queries.