ISRO Recruitment Engineer Scientist Vacancies 2016 Apply for 375 SC Posts Last Date 25 May : The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Hindi: भारतीय अंतरिक्ष अनुसंधान संगठन is the space agency of the Indian government headquartered in the city of Bengaluru. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development, while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration”. ISRO was established in 1962 by the efforts of independent India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, and his close aide and scientist Vikram Sarabhai. The establishment of ISRO thus institutionalised space activities in India. It is managed by the Department of Space, which reports to the Prime Minister of India. Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO]/Department of Space Centres/Units are engaged in Research and Development activities in application of Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self- reliance and developing capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and thereafter launch them. ISRO strives to serve the nation in the areas of television broadcast, telecommunication, meteorological application and in management of our natural resources. The Indian Space Programme continues to pursue successful goals on all fronts in meeting the objective of achieving self-reliance in space technology and its applications for national development.
ISRO CENTRALISED RECRUITMENT BOARD(ICRB) has released a Reruitment Notification in the Advertisement No.ISRO HQ:ICRB:01:2016 on DATED 05-05-2016 for the Post of Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ with BE/B.Tech or Equivalent Degre in Electronics, Mechanical and Computer Science. The Age of the Applicant should not exceed to 35 years as on 25/05/2016. There will be an Application Fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. Eligible and Willing Job Seekers can apply for these vacancies in the Online mode from www.isro.gov.in. The application for on-line registration will be hosted on the ISRO web-site between 05/05/2016 and 25/05/2016. For further details read the post below.
ISRO Recruitment Engineer Scientist Vacancies 2016
Name of Organization : Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO]
Official site : www.isro.gov.in
Name of Post : Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’
Number of Posts : 375
Details of Vacancy :
|Code||Post Name||No. of Vacancies||Vacancies identified for filling-up with Persons with Disabilities|
|BE001||Scientist/Engineer SC – Electronics||216||13 (08-OH;5-HH)|
|BE002||Scientist/Engineer SC – Mechanical||109||10(5-OH;4-HH;1-VH)|
|BE003||Scientist/Engineer SC – Computer Science||50||4(1-OH;2-HH;1-VH)|
|OH – Orthopaedically Handicapped; VH – Visually Handicapped; HH – Hearing Handicapped|
Note : Out of the above vacancies, the vacancies identified for Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, an autonomous body under Department of Space, are as follows :
- 4 (including 1-OH; 1-HH) vacancies out of the 216 vacancies in Electronics discipline
- 2 (including 1-OH) vacancies out of the 109 vacancies in Mechanical discipline
- 3 (including 1-HH) vacancies out of the 50 vacancies in Computer Science discipline
Educational Qualification :
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks (average of all semesters for which results are available) or CGPA 6.84 on a ten scale.
- Minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 in section B alone for candidates with AMIE/Grad IETE qualification.
- Candidates who are going to complete the above course in the academic year 2015-16 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31/8/2016.
Age limit :
The Age of the Candidate should be 35 years as on 25/05/2016. Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders.
Selection Process :
- The written test will be conducted on 03/07/2016 at ten venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The call letters for the written test to the short- listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during the last week of June 2016. Based on the performance in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be notified. Written test is only a first level screening and written test score will not be considered for final selection process.
- Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Interview and those who secure minimum 60% marks in the interview will be eligible for consideration for empanelment in the selection panel, in the order of merit.
Pay & Allowances :
- Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/Engineer’SC’ in the pay band (PB-3) of Rs. 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs 5400/-.
- In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing limited Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively.
- The employees will be governed by the New Pension Scheme. On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house, etc as per Central Government orders.
Application Fee :
- General & OBC Candidates have to Pay Rs.100 through Challan at nearest branch of State Bank of India.
- There is no fee for Women candidates/Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-serviceman [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates.
- Starting Date For Submission of Online Application : 05-May-2016
- Last Date For Submission of Online Application : 25-May-2016
- Date of Written Test : 03-July-2016
- Releasing date of Answer key : 07-July-2016
How to Apply for ISRO Recruitment Engineer Scientist Vacancies 2016
- Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 05/05/2016 and 25/05/2016. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily. The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No. on the reverse.
- After registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized payment challan form, in triplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Receipt Account Number, Advertisement No., and Post code. The candidates may visit the nearest branch of State Bank of India for remittance of application fee to Receipt Account (32034064593), by using the personalized payment challan of State Bank of India on any day between 05/05/2016 and 26/05/2016. The candidates may down-load and print the personalized payment challan from the ISRO system on any day between 05/05/2016 and 25/05/2016 and remit the application fee before the prescribed last date i.e, 26/05/2016. Upon remittance of the application fee, one copy of the challan form will be retained by State Bank [Bank copy] and remaining two parts will be given to the candidate. Out of the two challan parts, the candidate has to send one part of the challan form [ISRO copy] to Sr. Administrative Officer(ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bengaluru – 560094 by “ORDINARY POST ONLY” superscribing on the envelope “ICRB – RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER ‘SC'” within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 01/06/2016. The remaining copy of challan form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference.
- The candidates who are already employed under Central Govt/State Govt/PSU/Autonomous Body have to send a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, duly indicating their Registration Number and Post Code to the Sr. Administrative Officer [ICRB], ISRO Headquarters, Bengaluru within seven days of filing the applications on-line by the candidates and in any case not later than 01.06.2016.
Documents to be sent to ISRO Headquarters, Bengaluru on or before 01/06/2016
|Women Candidate||No documents to be sent, but will have to produce the relevant documents, as and when required.||Those who are already employed under Central/State Govt/PSU/ Autonomous Bodies should produce “No objection certificate” from the employer concerned.|
|Persons with Disabilities|
|Others, including OBC candidates||ISRO copy of challan|
Note : Candidates are advised to read the complete Notification. It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complie with the requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in the advertisement as well as in the application form.
Keep visiting our site for more job updates. For any queries drop comments in the drop box.