Indian Navy Sailors for SSR 2017 Batch Qualification 12th Pass – Apply Online : The Indian Navy ( Bhāratīya Nau Senā) is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India serves as Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff (CNS), usually a four-star officer in the rank of Admiral, commands the navy. The Indian Navy is the fifth largest in the world. It played an important role in India’s victory in the 1971 Indo-Pakistani War. The primary objective of the navy is to secure the nation’s maritime borders, India also uses its navy to enhance its international relations through joint exercises, port visits and humanitarian missions, including disaster relief. In recent years, the Indian Navy has undergone rapid modernisation to replace its ageing equipment currently in service, this is often seen as part of “India’s drive” to develop blue-water capabilities and enhance its position in the Indian Ocean region.
The Indian navy often provides opportunities for the young and dynamic youths who wants to join navy as a career and serve the nation. Recently also the Indian Army has released a Recruitment Advertisement and Online applications are invited from Unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan or enrolment as sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR)-01/2017 Batch. The applicant must possess an Intermediate Science certificate from the 10+2 system of education with Physics, Mathematics and any one subject from Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology. And according to the age required the Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1996 to 31 Jan 2000. The selection procedure consists of written examination, physical test and medical examination. Desirous and Eligible Candidates can apply online for the released post of Sailors from the official site www.indiannavy.nic.in till 05-June-2016. For more details read the information furnished below.
Indian Navy Sailors for SSR 2017 Batch
Name of organization : Indian Navy
Official Site : www.indiannavy.nic.in
Name of Post : Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) -01/2017 Batch.
Educational Qualification :-
Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects:- Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer science.
Required Age :-
Candidates should have been born between 01/02/1996 to 31/01/2000 (Both dates inclusive).
Selection Procedure :-
Candidates selection will be made based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
How to Apply for Indian Navy Sailors for SSR 2017 Batch
- Firstly visit the official site of Indian Navy i.e www.indiannavy.nic.in
- Click on apply online link.
- In the next page the candidates are requested to fill in all requisite details with acute accuracy and with precision. All the information provided in the application form should match the documentary evidence.
- After filling in the application form the candidates are required to take two printout of their completed application form. One copy should be sent through “ORDINARY POST only to the concerned address mentioned in the official advertisement along with the documentary evidence (attested copies of matriculation certificate, 10+2 mark sheet, domicile, NCC Certificate (if held) & one self addressed envelop of size 22×10 centimeter with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on envelope); and the other copy should be retained with the candidates for future reference.
- The envelope containing the Print copy of the Online application form along with other essential copy of supporting documents should be marked with “Online SSR Application -01/2017 batch & 10+2 Percentage ______” in bold and Capital letters.
Last date for registration of online application is 05 June, 2016.
Physical receipt of application at this office is by 13 June, 2016. Confirmation of an applicant would be on receipt of physical application by due date.
General Instructions :-
(c) All original certificates, mark sheets and NCC certificate (if held) are to be produced at the time of written