GATE Notification 2016 Online Application Exam pattern Dates New Features apply – GATE 2016 notification or information brochure has been released. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the entrance or admission test to join Post Graduation Courses in Engineering, Technology, and Architecture and Science courses. This year GATE 2016 is host by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore. The GATE score of a candidate reflects a relative performance level in a particular subject.
New features in GATE 2016
- GATE 2016 exam is Online (Computer Based Test)
- The GATE 2016 examinations for 23 Papers (Petroleum Engineering added)
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination
- An online virtual calculator will be available at the time of examination. No physical calculator will be allowed.
- After completion of GATE 2016 exam, all answer keys will be made available for dispute within a short time
- The entire GATE 2016 process will be in Online at www.gate.iisc.ernet.in
GATE Notification 2016 Online Application Exam pattern Dates New Features apply
GATE Exam pattern 2016
For the GATE 2016, candidates can apply for one subject out of 23 papers. Candidate is expected to appear for the subject or paper appropriate to the discipline which he/she qualifying degree.
- All the Papers having General Aptitude (Language & Analytical skills)
- Duration of GATE examination is 3 hours
- The exam papers contains 65 Questions carries 100 Marks
- The paper consists of both MCQs and Numerical Answer type (NAT) questions
- There will 10 Questions carries 15 Marks in General Aptitude
- Engineering Mathematics and Subject Paper covers remaining questions
- Negative Marking for MCQs: for 1 mark questions is 1/3 and for 2 mark questions 2/3.
- There is no negative marking for NAT questions
Candidates who are currently in the final year or completed B.E/ B,Tech/ B.Pharmacy/ M.Sc/ M.A/MCA from any recognized university are eligible.
Examination or Application fees:
|Women candidates||Rs. 750|
|SC/ST/PwD category candidates||Rs. 750|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500|
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) on www.gate.iisc.ernet.in will direct to the website of your bank choice. One can pay the fee through Net Banking, Debit Card or e- Challan.
- Online application for GATE 2016 starts from: 01.09.2015
- GATE 2016 application form last date: 01.10.2015
- Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of City: 20.11.2015
- Availability of GATE admit cards: from 17.12.2015
- GATE 2016 Exam date: 30 &31.01.2016, 06& 07.02.2016
- Announcement of GATE 2016 results: 19.03.2016
How to Apply for GATE Notification 2016 Online Application Exam pattern Dates New Features apply
- Log on to http://appsgate.iisc.ernet.in/
- Registration: with valid email Id and mobile number and GOAPS password
- GOAPS Enrollment ID: After successful registration one can get Enrollment ID through Mail ID
- Enter the personal information, Address, Eligibility details, College address, GATE paper, Choice Exam centers
- Upload scanned photo, signature, certificates, valid ID proof
- Pay the examination fee
- Enter Net banking details
- GOAPS will allow you to enter data, save partially filled form, log out and resume with ID and password
- Check the Application form before you submit
- Click Confirm and Final Submit